These 31 days of a beating heart became more than a writing challenge. It became a focus on what my heart is saying with each and every beat, being purposeful in listening to my heart and taking action to live a life with each heartbeat.
Moving forward, I am going to Live my List.
What is my List? It is things I want to accomplish, change, make real in my life as my heart beats with a purpose. Lots of people plan their list as a goal to achieve before they die – place to travel to, adventures and challenges to undertake, dreams to fulfil.
Who inspired me to consider to “Live your List” ? Most people would say the movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson but I haven’t seen it yet. (Maybe I should put it on my bucket list – ha, ha!)
No, it was Ryan Eller and Jerrod Murr with their #LYL – Live your List podcasts https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-live-your-list-show/id829161251?mt=2 that challenged me to live an intentional life, to encourage others and to make a difference.
How can I stay the same when I know there is so much more out there that I want to do, see, be, accomplish, share, embrace, live and love?
So, here’s the start of my list. It’s a work in progress and a challenge I will daily need to take up if I am to keep listening to my beating heart. The list is in order of when I thought of what I wanted to do, not in the order I am going to accomplish them which makes it all the more exciting, I think.
Here goes …
1. Complete my children’s photo albums.
2. Spend more time at the beach with sand between my toes, the sun on my face and listening to the waves.
3. Start up my card writing business.
4. Exercise for 30 minutes every day so I can get my heart to its best health and stop taking the medications.
5. Host a Neighbour’s Table regularly in my backyard.
6. Learn to sing, enough to be able to perform one song well in public.
7. Be a successful writer whatever form that writing takes.
8. Learn to say ‘no’ when I need to say ‘no’.
9. Hold a Moonlighters silver service dinner with my friends in the middle of a roundabout like I planned when I was in my early 20’s.
10. Visit Russia and Hungary.
11. Visit Egypt and Ethiopia.
12. Finish tracing my family tree.
13. See a movie being filmed on a ‘real’ movie set.
I’ve had to stop writing on this list, I am starting to cry. There are things my heart is telling me it wants to do but fear is holding me back from even considering putting them on a list. I don’t know if the pounding of my heart is for the desire in my heart or the fear that stops me from trying to accomplish those things.
How would you write YOUR list?
What would you include?
And what would you leave off?
I want to live with my heart.